The 10th International Conference on Teacher Education (ICTED), a biennial gathering of teacher educators, researchers, policy makers, administrators, students, and allied professionals, will be held on 23-25 August 2018 at Seda Vertis North in Quezon City, Philippines. It is an opportune occasion to share experiences and create networks and a perfect forum for discussions that consider rapid intellectual and socio-economic transformations and emerging technologies, improved interconnectedness within the global village, and the challenge to uphold equity. The conference is one of the major events lined up to celebrate the centennial of the College of Education, University of the Philippines-Diliman.
This year’s theme, Educational Equity Through Inclusion, underscores the role of education as an agent for genuine social cohesion and equity which require breaking barriers and narrowing gaps between and among learners, families, schools, and other communities. It advances the view that inclusive education is all-embracing, and that it “is a comprehensive process of change across the education system through which the diverse needs of all learners are addressed and responded to, regardless of their social, economic, cultural, linguistic, physical, or other contexts” (UNESCO, 2013). The theme problematizes how inclusive education may be fostered through teacher education and professional development.
With the aim of gathering diverse perspectives that can inform curriculum, instruction, assessment, capacity-building mechanisms, as well as policy formulation and implementation, ICTED 2018 invites submissions from education stakeholders who wish to offer insights on the following strands:
- Culturally appropriate programs
- Curriculum innovations and differentiations
- Diverse learning communities
- Education leadership for equity
- Enabling access to teacher education
- Fostering equitable learning environments
- Fair and judicious assessment
- Gender studies in education
- High ability, talent, and giftedness
- ICT for inclusive teacher education
- Challenges to inclusive teacher education
- Language education and social cohesion
- Multilingualism and mother tongue education
- Peace education
- Policy issues on inclusive teacher education
- Preparing teachers for disability inclusion
- Qualification standards for teachers
- Spiritual and secular studies in teacher education
- Student support for inclusion
- “Free” papers on issues related to inclusive education
Guidelines for Submissions
The 10th ICTED invites submissions for individual paper sessions, workshops, poster presentations, and round-table discussions. All submissions will undergo a double blind review by two referees and should observe the following guidelines:
A. Presentation Categories
The Program Committee will evaluate and categorize submissions into paper session, workshop, poster presentation, or round-table discussion. Each category is described as follows:
1.Paper Session (20 minutes)
A paper session is an oral presentation of a completed empirical study that can be delivered by one or more authors. It is given a 20-minute time allotment, exclusive of the 15-minute open forum after all the presentations in the session are done.
2. Workshop (90 minutes)
A workshop is a combined discussion and demonstration of a proven instructional approach or assessment practice. It is given a 90-minute time block to make way for collaborative and experience- or technology-based activities. Materials, worksheets, and handouts are to be provided by the presenters. Workshop slots are limited to 20 participants.
3. Poster Presentation (30 minutes)
A poster presentation is primarily a visual report on a topic relevant to the conference theme or strand. This will take place during coffee breaks to provide better opportunity for presenters and participants to interact. Further information on the format of the posters will be included in the notice of acceptance.
4. Round-Table Discussion (RTD) (15 minutes)
A round-table presentation is an oral presentation of a concept paper, an ongoing or completed study to invite feedback from and engage in an in-depth discussion with fellow scholars sharing similar interests. There will be two presenters per RTD. Each presentation will be allotted 15 minutes followed by a 15-minute discussion.
To submit an abstract, please follow the instructions here: https://ictedph.up.edu.ph/call-for-submissions/how-to-submit-an-abstract/.
- June 15, 2018: Deadline for Submission of Abstract (2nd Call)
- June 15, 2018: Confirmation of Attendance of Presenters (1st Call)
- July 15, 2018: Confirmation of Attendance of Presenters (2nd Call)
|Rates||Foreign Participants||Local Participants|
|Early Bird / Discounted (for currently enrolled UPCEd students and DepEd teachers)||USD 300||PhP 8750|
|Regular||USD 400||PhP 9500|
Please email email@example.com if you have any questions.